We are the Parish Wildlife Wardens for Long Itchington, Bascote & Bascote Heath.
Interested in helping wildlife and the environment? Then why not come along to Bascote Road Scrubs nature reserve on Saturday 18th May, at 2pm. We are having another session of wildlife conservation activity at the reserve, to continue the work to make the reserve ready to be opened to the public. No experience required, just a willingness to have a go. Please visit the reserve’s Facebook page to find out more.
This website is for all those interested in the wildlife that lives within this parish.
Here you can find out what flora & fauna share this parish with us, and why living in a rural community such as ours can be so rewarding.
– Read our About Us page to find out what the parish wildlife wardens actually do.
– Look at John’s Wildlife Notes to find out what can be seen through the seasons and learn about the wellbeing wildlife can bring.
– Learn about how you can help your local wildlife and give nature a boost.
– View the Gallery to see photographs of our local wildlife and countryside.
– Visit our Links page to find out about other wildlife organisations at local & national levels.
Wildlife conservation and the protection & improvement of habitats is important to all of us.
If we do not look after nature, nature will not look after us.
Note: all images shown are the property of Phillip Claydon copyright 2019 (c), unless otherwise stated.